Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Backyard Paradise

What a productive weekend at our house.  After three days of hard labor the deck is complete.  I must say that building a deck (correctly) takes more time and effort than I ever thought.  They had to level the deck, build a base, apply the deck, and apply the fencing around the deck for more appeal.

this is our plain backyard where grass does not grow

Dad teaching son how to saw wood

building a frame


digging holes to make sure the deck is level


lay down the deck

start cutting wood for the fence (look how plain garden is in background)
build the fence

Relaxing while the deck is being built :)



my view of the deck being built



Trouble watching Donnie work



finished deck

patio furniture on deck

Now the deck is built!  Next step- add some paver stones to the right of the deck around the grill and as a pathway from our screened-in patio.

Although I did not help build the deck I did get my hands dirty and did some gardening.

Before
After

All the plants that I planted are perennial so hopefully they will grow well there and come back next year!  This pop of color makes the backyard peaceful.  I don't know if you can tell but I kept the flowers to blue and red.

hmm... maybe we can get grass to grow this year

With patience and time and energy our backyard has now been transformed.  Although we still want to add paver stones and need to clean off the roof the backyard/indoor patio is pretty much finished. 

view when you look outside onto our screened in patio



What a difference!!  I knew that buying the patio furniture would be a train reaction to get the backyard completed.  Donnie is now looking into some sort of outdoor lighting as well and an Adirondack chair.

Happy Easter to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment