Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Baby Registry Items

Registering was fun, exhausting, and scary.  What's scary is that unlike a wedding registry most items on a baby registry you NEED rather than want and if you don't receive them then we have to buy the items.

Here is my Top Ten Wish List:


Eddie Bauer Trailmaker Travel System.  I have spoken with my mom friends and they said that it is best to have a travel system for an infant.  That way when the baby is sleeping you just move the car seat and attach it to the stroller.  This stroller has a wide tray and cup holder for for the baby, two cup holders for me, & a large storage basket.  I was debating on this stroller or the graco monroe stroller (that matches the highchair) but I decided on this stroller for the added accessories.  Stroller is good for a 5 pound infant to a 50 pound toddler.  Registered at Target.
 Graco DuoDiner Highchair.  Not only do I love the colors of this seat but the seat also converts to a booster seat and the seat reclines.  In addition you can adjust the height of the highchair.  The seat also has wheels on the bottle that allow you to move the seat easier.  At first I thought I wanted a wooden highchair, but this high chair you can take the lid off to wish, it is dishwasher safe, and I love how the seat is so adjustable.  Registered at Target.
 Dr. Brown's double electric breast pump.  I am planning on breast feeding Baby Woos and I will also need to have bottles prepared for when I go back to work after maternity leave.  I have heard Dr. Brown's bottles are the best to use and that they reduce gas.  The breast pump's plastic suction was very soft and has BPA-free milk collection parts that are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.  Now I will just have to learn how to use a breast pump.
Registered at Target.




Graco Duet Connect 2-in-1 Swing and Bouncer- Monroe
Donnie spoke to one of his father friends and said the swing was their savior and their baby would fall right asleep in it.  We choose this swing because it also converts to a bouncer.  It plays nature sounds and has two vibrations levels.  Plus, I love the monroe pattern from Graco.  Registered at Target.






Shermad Glider and Ottoman- Chocolate/Tea Mocha Fabric
Every glider seats so differently but this glider I could definitely see myself feeding and rocking Baby Woos to sleep in.  This glider is very comfortable!  ...and this was tested after a LONG day of registering and shopping.  Other models were hard or too complex but this one was just right and was very roomie.  The reviews say that assembly of the chair is required and it is hard to assemble by some reviewers.  If we could find a chair that already came assembled we would switch but this chair was super comfortable.  Registered at Babies R-Us.



Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor
I am pretty clueless as to which monitor to pick but this monitor received good reviews so we went with this monitor. This monitor includes one Infrared Night Vision Camera with a 3.5" Slim Video Monitor. Two way communications and 590 ft. range with "out of range" warning.  I love the idea of having video to look in on Baby Woos.  Registered at Babies R-Us.






Fisher-Price Newborn Sleeper
I didn't really know where Baby Woos was going to sleep when we first bring him home but after some thought (and talking to other mom's) I decided on this sleeper.  We will put this sleeper in our bedroom for the first month or so until we feel comfortable enough leaving him in the crib.  I don't like the idea of a co-sleeper and I don't want to spend the money on a bassinet so I think that this is a great option since it costs only around $60 and is small enough to put right besides the bed.  Registered at Babies R-Us.




Nursery Bedding.  ABC Light Aqua Crib Set
I have looked all over the place online and I am still debating on the bedding.  I love this bedding but have not been able to find the MiGi brand in stores (which I would prefer so I can feel the bedding first).  When my mom and sister come to town hopefully we will find the perfect bedding set and pick it up so then I can figure out the paint colors for the nursery.  So for now I am sticking with the ABC bedding but this may change after we shop down here and hopefully I can cross this off my list on things we need.




Eddie Bauer Diaper Tote-
This is a great diaper bag (and it matches the stroller I picked out).  But seriously this diaper bags has plenty of pockets and is big enough for all of Baby Woos' needs.  When looking at diaper bags Cortney and I sat in the middle of the aisle and examined each bag and this is the bag that I really liked.  Some bags didn't have bottle pockets or the pockets were too small; some felt like plastic; but this bag was the winner.  Registered at Target.





Baby Einstein Musical Jumper
Okay I know this is not a necessity but look how fun this jumper is. 
There are twelve activity stations and the electric piano even introduces colors and shapes in English, French, and Spanish.
Registered at Babies R-Us.












We have already checked off some big items on our list like the crib, changing table, dresser, and a pack-n-play.  Wow I can't believe how many things a baby needs... and this list doesn't include the car seat we will have to buy once he outgrows the travel system, first aid and grooming supplies, bottles, baby clothes, blankets, diapers, diapers, and more diapers.  Baby Woos is definitely going to be my favorite adventure.  We will learn together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment