Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

23 Weeks


Wow-  I feel like I am growing an inch a night.  23 weeks down!

What's going on with me?
If you're suddenly sporting a dark line down the middle of your tummy, say hello to the linea nigra. That line has actually always been there, but you probably never noticed it until pregnancy hormones caused hyperpigmentation (the same phenomenon that may have darkened your areolas and the area around your forehead and cheeks). Other (less than delightful) skin changes on your body in the sixth month may include red palms and soles, bluish blotchy legs, heat rash, and skin tags. Oh, and don’t forget that itchy belly (keep slathering on those creams!). Luckily, I haven't noticed any dark lines on my stomach.  The only skin change that I am concerned with is that my skin is not reacting the same way to the sun as it normally does.  After our cruise I got sun burnt and my legs have been super dry since and even my knee was peeling.  My legs have never reacted this way to the sun.  My feet even got burnt which is a first for me.  I am going to look online to see what I can find about sun and pregnant women because I love the sun.  I can not wait for it to be warm enough to go swimming!!





What is going on with Baby Woos?  Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent. I had an appointment on MOnday and Baby Woos' head measured 21 cm. in curcumfrence.  It is so strange when I took out my measuring tape and actually was able to see the size.  It's great comparing weeks to fruit but it was REAL when I had our baby's measurements.  I already feel huge so I can't imagine gaining much more weight! 






This week I have been extra tired!  I am having an extremely busy week of work so that may be contributing to my sleepless nights but wow am I tired.  I thought the second trimester you get more energy-- not me.  I also think I need to go maternity shopping again because I am rotating my clothes between the same few articles of clothing.  I can't where normal shirts anymore because of my belly and all of my work skirts don't fit- even with the belly band.  Maybe this weekend while I'm in Atlanta with my pregnant girlfriend we can go clothes shopping.


23 weeks-- Large Belly!!
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-23.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment