Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

25 Weeks

25 Weeks: Our Eggplant

What is going on with me?
  • Constipation. Be sure to eat plenty of fiber-rich foods!
  • Hemorrhoids -- baby is putting a ton of pressure on your digestive tract. And the constipation certainly isn't helping.
  • Gas and bloating. Your hormones are slowing down digestion, creating excess gas.
  • Heartburn. Since baby is pushing on your digestive system it can push stomach acid up your esophagus.
  • All-over aches and pains, thanks to hormone fluctuations.
  • Trouble sleeping. It's tough to get comfy with that big belly in the way!
Hmm-- not a lot of positive sysmptoms.  For the most part everything is still normal and regular for me so I am super happy I do not have to experience these unpleasant symptoms.

The one thing that I have noticed is that Baby Woos is HEAVY.  I am not used to carrying around such a big belly that I feel like I have to hold it up sometimes to feel comfortable.  Plus, he is moving around more and more every day.  Right now it feels that his feet are sitting very low (below my belly button) because he keeps kicking me there.


 

What is going on with Baby Woos?


after bootcamp this morning
Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar.


Baby Woos still enjoys to exercise but he is getting in the way a little and limiting my movements.  It is getting harder and harder to do burpees, jumping jacks, and anything where I jump.  I also do push ups on my knees (and have for at least a month now) because my arms aren't strong enough o hold up the extra weight.  But we are hanging in there and love the feeling after we finish a great workout!!


look at that belly :)

www.thebump.com
www.whattoexpect.com

1 comment: