Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nursery Update

These past weeks have been crazy at our household.  Between all the craziness I have completed the nursery (minus the items we still need to complete it). 

But before I show you the nursery, last night Donnie and I went on a hospital tour at East Cooper Medical Hospital.  The third floor of the hospital is dedicated to the maternity ward, nursery, delivery rooms, and recovery rooms.  I was pleasantly surprised that I really didn't feel like I was in a "hospital."  When they showed us the hospital bed that comes apart and transforms into the delivery table things got REAL.  (I wish I had taken a picture)  It was also comforting to know what they provide for us and what we have to bring.  If we have time I want to bring our own pillows for comfort because we will be overnight in the hospital for 2 nights.  Baby Woos only needs a going home outfit and they provide the rest.  And I will need comfortable clothes for after delivery when I am recovering. 

waiting area in hospital... looks/felt more like a hotel
 
The Nursery:
It has been fun decorating the nursery and figuring out how we want everything. 

Our Nursery
 This is our crib and our main bedding for the nursery.  Above the nursery is a winnie the pooh quote wall decal.  (So when we decide we no longer want it on the wall then we can peal it off without ruining the paint).  The quote says "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen."  The only thing missing from the crib is the mattress.  I know Baby woos can't use the blanket but I put it on the crib for the picture.
This will be our changing area.  Still need: changing pad and cover, diaper caddy (that I plan on putting where the pooh's are), diapers, wipes, and really everything that has to do with changing a diaper... including a hamper and a trashcan.  It's sortof hard to see but I decided to stick with a solid white curtain and we also have plantation blinds.  The smaller pooh in the picture was my pooh when I was a baby and my mother-inlaw gave me the larger pooh for Baby Woos during Christmas last year. 
This is the area where I have left space for the glider chair that I really hope we get off our registry... one less thing for us to buy.  The bathtub on the floor filled with stuff is actually not even Baby Woos but is a shower gift for one of our friends that is also pregnant.  The two hanging balls just add a little extra touch to the room as well.  Plus,  I love our rug.  (My mom found this online and showed it to me and I knew we needed to have it.)

This is going to be Baby Woos' dresser for clothes.  The three pictures on top came with the bedding set and I haven't yet decided if I want to put them on the wall somewhere.  I am going to wait until we have the chair and the changing pad items in the room because I think that might be enough. I also put another wall decal on the opposite wall from the crib.


"You must always remember you are Braver than you believe, Stronger than you seem, and Smarter than you think."  If you haven't noticed I loved Winnie the Pooh as a child and I still do.  I didn't want to do an entire nursery with Pooh theme so I think these two wall decals fit perfectly into the nursery.

So in a nutshell that is our nursery.

1 comment: