Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Crab Salad on Ciabatta Bread

Where has Spring gone?  It was so warm last weekend and earlier this week but now it is cold and rainy.  My backyard looks like a mini-lake and the dogs do not want to go outside at all.  So much for doing some gardening and outside work on the house.  Instead I was able to do some much needed Spring Cleaning.  Although I dislike cleaning the fridge and scrubbing kitchen cabinets- I do love to admire a clean house.  I was also able to play in the kitchen a little. 


Crab Salad on Ciabatta Bread:


                                                         Ingredients:
                                                       -imitation crab meat  (I am in love with these 100 calorie packets)
-cucumber
-avocado
-red onion
-cilantro
-mayo
-sriracha sauce
-ciabatta bread


In bowl:
1. use one packet of crab meat (it is enough to make two sandwiches) & dice up crab
2. dice 1/3 avocado into small pieces  (best to use an avocado that is still a little hard)
3. add one slice of red onion diced up
4. add a handful of chopped cilantro

5. in a separate small bowl mix a spoonful on mayo with sriracha sauce to desired spiciness, add some garlic powder and pepper to your liking
6. once mayo is mixed up add to salad and leave some left over to put on your bread

7. toast the bread then add light layer of mayo mixture
8. assemble sandwich and add sliced cucumbers




I hope you enjoy! 

Lately I have been wanting more seafood and even tunafish lately.  I had my first tunafish sandwich in 6 months yesterday and it was so tasty!!  (Earlier in my pregnancy I could not stomach any fish.)  Seafood is a great source of protein and iron — which are crucial nutrients for Baby Woos' growth and development. In addition, the omega-3 fatty acids in many fish can promote baby's brain development.  The only tricky part is to stay away from fish that are high in mercury and to limit albacore tuna to no more than 6 ounces a week.  So needless to say I am going to try to incorporate fish back into my diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment