Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

24 weeks- 6 months pregnant

Baby Woos at 6 months-- He has hit a growth spurt!!
Although I think the banner above says a papaya- the other webcite I use a lot says that Baby Woos is now the size of a cantaloupe.  I think the cantaloupe is more accurate!!


Week 24: Canteloupe

Average size: 10.5 inches ***, 12.7 oz.
Nipples are sprouting, and face is fully formed!
 
What is going on with Baby Woos?

Baby Woos is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of his are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.

Baby Woos is moving a lot more.  When I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned he either loved or hated the sound of the drill because he was kicking and moving all around.  When the nurse left to get the dentist I sat and watched my stomach because I could see it move all over the place from him kicking. 





What is going on with Me?

belly button stretching
If your former innie is now an outie, welcome to the club. Almost every expectant mom's pregnant belly button pops at some point as her swelling uterus pushes on everything in its path. Things should return to normal after delivery, though your navel (and some other parts of your body) might look a bit, well, stretched. Just think of it as one more badge of honor that only moms get to wear. What other pregnancy woe is pushing your buttons? Well, probably your uncomfortably numb wrists and fingers, thanks to carpal tunnel syndrome. (Don’t worry — the sensations will disappear when you give birth.)
My belly button is changing shapes by the week...and I think it is really interesting and gross at the same time because it just shows how much my skin is stretching.  Last weekend I was also complaining to Cortney about my right wrist being sore every time I turned a knob or picked up my water bottle.  The beginning of last week I was also complaining about my left wrist being sore at boot camp.  Hopefully it won't get any worse. 




Other signs and symptoms I get to look forward to:
  • Swollen ankles and feet. Be sure to elevate them while you're sitting.
  • Leg cramps, which can be sign of dehydration.  Hasn't happened to me yet.
  • Back aches -- yup, still!
  • Linea nigra. That's the dark line that runs up the center of your belly. It will fade after baby's born.  I still don't have this line. 
  • Occasional Headaches- Unfortunately my headaches are starting to come back but not as bad.
  • 
    this morning after boot camp
    
  • Lower abdominal achiness: As your uterus continues to expand, the ligaments that support your uterus continue to stretch — and may cause some pain.  I definitely get lower achiness.  Running is no longer my friend because I tend to get more pains when I run so I think I am going to give up running (not elliptical) until after Baby Woos. 
Although I do have some of the above symptoms I still feel pretty good!  My stomach is starting to get in my way a little when I bend down to pick up items or when trying to squeeze through smaller spaces.  I'm also proud to say that I am still active in my bootcamp at 6 months pregnant.  I know I will have to stop at some point but now isn't the time.  I'm thinking that I will continue through April but stop my last two months of my pregnancy..but we will see.  I'm not sure how my body is going to change in these next couple of weeks.  I do know that I am going to continue with prenatal yoga and look forward going to class this Friday since I have had to miss the last few weeks.  Although this class doesn't feel like exercise, it really helps me stretch and increase the flexibility of those muscles that I will be using during labor.



http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-24.aspx
http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/24-weeks-pregnant.aspx?MsdVisit=1


No comments:

Post a Comment