Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Chicken Recipes

I am super tired today.  Waking up at four am and not being able to fall back asleep doesn't help.  I really hope that as I am approaching my third trimester that I don't get as tired as I was in my first trimester.  Keeping fingers crossed! 

Today I am going to share two popular recipes in our household:

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

Every time I make this dish people always ask me how to make it.  It is so simple- just takes a little time.
Warning: this dish gets eaten super fast

Ingredients:
chicken tenderloins (cut into thirds); bacon (cut into thirds); brown sugar mixed with chili powder



 Easy:  wrap bacon around chicken; secure with toothpick; cover in the brown sugar mixture

Place chicken on a broiler pan (with slots- so the bacon grease can drip off);  if you don't have a broiler pan just use a normal baking sheet but cover with aluminium foil for easy clean-up



Cook: broil bacon wrapped chicken- once bacon is crispy flip and broil other side until bacon is crispy

Done!




----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicken Parmesan

This dish is one of my husband's favorites!  Any time we go out to an Italian restaurant he normally orders Chicken Parmesan.  He rates my recipe at the top of the list.  For Easter dinner last night we skipped the ham or lamb and instead I made this.  [I have never made an "Easter" dinner before so maybe next year I will attempt to make a traditional Easter dinner.]

Ingredients:
  • boneless/skinless chicken breasts sliced thin
  • flour
  • eggs- add salt and pepper
  • Italian bread crumbs- add some Parmesan cheese
  • Italian sauce-  I use homemade sauce but any sauce that you like can work
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesan cheese
  • olive oil

1.  Pound your chicken breasts with a meat pounder until tender and thin.
2. Put flour in a bowl
3. Beat eggs in another bowl- add salt and pepper
4. Put bread crumbs in another bowl and add some Parmesan cheese.
5. Dip the chicken in the flour and then pat the chicken to get rid of excess flour.  Dredge in egg mixture and then cover in the bread crumbs.
6. In a pan add oil to the bottom and heat.  Cook chicken in pan on medium heat until both sides are brown.



7. In a baking pan put Italian sauce on the bottom of the pan.  After the chicken is cooked put in pan and top with some sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with parm cheese. 



8. Cover pan with foil and cook in the oven on 350 for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted.

9. Serve with pasta or bread. 




No comments:

Post a Comment