Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

22 Weeks Pregnant

22 Weeks




I can't believe that it has already been 22 weeks.  I really feel like myself except that I have a very large belly and are hitting numbers on the scale that I have never seen before in my life.  The only true complaints that I have are (1) can't lay on my stomach (really sucked when I wanted to flip over when I was sunbathing... so my tan is all one-sided); (2) sleeping at night is still a pain in the butt and I need tons of pillows (I sleep with 5 to myself); (3) can't move as fast as I want when exercising; and (4) always hungry.

So what is going on with me?

During week 22, baby’s invading your space, which is why it might be tough to catch your breath and why your back might be killing you. Hey, as he grows, he may be expanding your belly so much (so fast) that you might even have a newfound “outtie”!  And your outtie will go back to an innie, we promise. As if an ever-expanding belly wasn't enough — now your feet are getting in on the act! That's because the pregnancy hormone relaxin, which loosens your pelvic ligaments when you're expecting, loosens every other ligament too — including the ones in your tootsies. In turn, the bones beneath those ligaments spread slightly, which results, for many women, in a half or whole shoe-size increase.  Your hormones are also pretty much raging at this point. 

My bellybutton has been changing ever since my belly started growing.  I know it my sound strange but my belly button is one body part (if you can call it that) that I don't like.  My belly button has always slanted up and down (while most belly buttons slant sideways).  Since I have been pregnant my belly button has opened up a lot and is like a hole.  Again, I know very strange and maybe too much information but it is really interesting how much it has changed and interesting that the umbilical cord is attached there.  I just hope that my innie doesn't turn into an outtie- no matter how brief.  My feet seem to still be the same size so I haven't noticed any change there.  However, I do need to go shoe shopping for some flats because all my shoes are high heel (besides flip flops).  As for change of hormones- I know I am more emotional then normal.  The other night I was reading my book and tears were streaming down my face-- normally books do not make me tear up.  




What's going on with Baby Woos?

This week, your baby weighs in at a whopping pound and measures nearly eight inches. But your little G.I. Joe (who now has eyebrows, eyelashes, and maybe even some hair on his little head) is a living one who can now perceive light and dark. He can also hear your voice, your heartbeat, your gurgling stomach, and the whoosh-whoosh of blood circulating through your body. And as his brain and nerve endings develop, he may reach for his face (or whatever he can reach) just to experiment with his newfound sense of touch.  He's also sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

Last night was the first time that I felt Baby Woos kick from the outside.  I could feel him moving all around me so I placed my hand on my stomach and next thing I knew I could feel him kick me.  I loved the feeling.  I can't wait for him to be more active so Donnie will have a chance to feel him kick as well.  He kicked right after I ate my dinner (spicy mei fun noodles with vegetables) so I think I will be placing my hand on my belly more after I eat. 






www.theknot.com
www.whattoexpect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment