Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Memorable Trips with the Hubby

This is actually where we got married at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina but it reminds me of the islands.


Time to head to the Bahamas.  I am getting ready to drop off the dogs at the kennel and we have a house sitter lined up for Trouble so we are all set.  I am so ready to get out of this gloomy and rainy weather and head to the Bahamas.  I'm also really looking forward to spending quality time with my hubby.  I'm not sure if there is Internet on the ship or not so you most likely won't be hearing from me unless we are surprised by Internet.  (I'm half hoping that their is no Internet or phone service for the time we are gone.)


I'll update you on our Babymoon when we return.  Although this is our last vacation pre-Baby Woos, Donnie and I have had our share of mini-vacations since we have been engaged and married.  We have had trips to Cooperstown, New York and North Carolina to see our families; plus a few trips to Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Ga and Savannah, Ga but the trips below really are the ones that are most memorable to me.

LAS VEGAS:  (October 2010) I thought Donnie was going to propose to me on this trip but he waited until the week we returned. 


Here we are at the Hotel Bar at MGM Grande where we ordered a bottle of Veuve Champagne... I definitely thought Donnie was going to pop the question this night but instead we just sipped on expensive champagne just because.  I even kept grabbing at his pockets checking for a ring :)


HONEYMOON IN ITALY:  Rome, Florence, Venice (October 2011)
I have always wanted to go to Italy and spending my honeymoon there was a dream come true.  I was also surprised that Donnie agreed to get on a plane for that long.  Florence was my favorite city out of the three we visited.


Trevi Fountain in Rome

Wine Bar in Florence with Fun Italian Man


Husband and Wife in the Back of a Water Taxi in Venice


BEAUFORT, SOUTH CAROLINA  (August 2012)
Donnie surprised me for my birthday this past year and took us to Beaufort.  We stayed at the Mills House Bed and Breakfast and had a wonderful time.  We had our separate cottage off the main house and it really was amazing.



ORLANDO, FLORIDA (October 2012)
Donnie and I are trying to keep to the tradition of giving "paper" for your first year; cotton for your second; etc.  For our paper gifts I gave Donnie tickets to the Duke and Kentucky game in Atlanta, Ga.  For his gift to me he booked us a trip to Orlando, Florida and bought us Seaworld tickets.  This trip was perfect to celebrate our 1 year anniversary...plus if the dates are correct Baby Woos was conceived on this trip :)

Us getting ready to watch the dolphin show.  We sat in the splash zone but luckily didn't get wet since this was the first show of the day.  At the Shamu show we sat OUT of the splash zone and enjoyed a beer while watching the show.  As a kid I don't think I ever noticed, but you can drink beer throughout the entire park at SeaWorld.  Nice and refreshing!

We also enjoyed going to Epcot at Disney World. 
It was perfect timing because there was a food and wine festival around the world going on so we were able to taste food from every county and drink wine from their local regions.  What's crazy is in each country at Epcot they only have employees from that country working there.


Once Baby Woos is born I know the traveling is going to be on hold for a little while but I do want to continue to travel as a family.  I remember as a kid that my sister and I looked forward to our family vacations every year and had such a great time.  There is so much to see in the world (& the United States) and I love to travel and experience new cultures and see new cities!!

Now I need to finish my packing so we can go to the Bahamas. 


What were your favorite vacations as a family?  I'm already trying to put together a top ten list of where we should travel to with Baby Woos. 
(If you'd like to comment press the no comment button below and then it allows you to comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment