Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pipeline to Prison

After a long weekend at my DUI conference I am really looking forward to getting back on track this week at work and boot-camp.  Last week I had to miss 2 days of class and I am really looking forward to waking up and going to boot-camp...especially after sitting on my butt in a conference room all weekend.  I don't know how people work the 9-5 job behind a desk each day.  I would go stir crazy if I had to sit behind a computer all day 5 days a week.  There are some days that I am in my office all day long but that is very rare since I am always running from court to court or going to the jail or crime scenes.  I also hate being stuck indoors all day long and being in the fluorescent lighting so I am very fortunate that I have the opportunity to be outside and drive from court to court.  After today's session I came home and took a long nap because I had a bad headache that would not go away.  It was the same type of headache I got after my conference in Alabama so I am attributing the cause to the fluorescent lighting and lack of natural lighting. 

public defender cartoons, public defender cartoon, public defender picture, public defender pictures, public defender image, public defender images, public defender illustration, public defender illustrations I saw this cartoon and thought it was too cute.  But it actuality it is not far from the truth and is actually sad.  It really brakes my heart how much the criminal justice system has changed since I was a child.  Below I put a link to a story where a 7 year old was handcuffed and arrested from stealing $5 from a classmate.  Sure this type of behavior needs to be addressed but not by arresting him.  The Principal and school teachers should take more responsibility for disciplining their students.  And the parents also need to start disciplining their children at home.  This is not the only story like this.  Children are being arrested all across the United States on similar stories and there has been a recent outbreak of arrests for children who bring toy guns to school.  Its the new pipeline from school to prison...SO SAD!


Seven-year-old Wilson Reyes' mother took this picture of him handcuffed inside a police stationTreating kids as criminals

A 7-year-old boy was handcuffed and arrested for stealing $5 from a classmate--but the case tells us much more about how our society functions









I don't plan on blogging about my work too much but I have been with attorneys all weekend long and work is on my mind.  This is going to be an exciting week because I think that the patio furniture I ordered will be delivered and also some maternity clothes I ordered online should be delivered.  Valentines day is Thursday and Donnie and I are going to celebrate at our house and eat dinner on our wedding china.  It will be the first time we actually use our china so I am looking forward to cooking a nice dinner for my husband and I.  Plus I have a three day weekend coming up... Yea for President's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment