Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Baby Woos' Nursery

Wow.  What an ugly, rainy morning outside.  I wish my friend Kindal the best of luck running the Messa 8K today out on Folly Beach.  I hate to admit it but if I woke up and it was pouring cats and dogs I don't think I'd run the race; unless I committed to meeting someone else there to run with and they decided they wanted to run.  I guess that is why teamwork is so important when working out and staying in shape.



So what to do on a rainy day?  Play with nursery ideas, of course.

Savanna Tori 3-pc. Baby Furniture Set - Espresso
There are so many things to try and figure out.  We already have the nursery furniture and it is an espresso color and we had new carpet installed a few months ago which is light grey in color.

  • What color should we paint the room?
  • What do we want to hang on the walls?
  • What pattern should the crib bedding be or should it be solid?



There are two bedding sets that I really like.  This picture below is one of the bedding sets that I love.  It is not over the top and has a lot of colors in it to work with. 

Pinned Image

This is the jungle bedding that I love as well; but with the design of our crib you wont see the bed skirt that much so it may take too much away from this pattern.




I know that I will need to buy extra sheets and have blankets but do I also need to buy an extra bumper?  The more that I look at both of these bedding sets I think I like the top one better and it has so many colors to work with.  I was also looking at a Pooh set but decided against it.  I do however want to take some pooh quotes and put them in a frame on the wall in the nursery.  See here: http://www.babywoos.blogspot.com/2013/02/quotes.html



Here are some other ideas that I was looking at doing with the nursery but I am really undecided.


Pinned Image
I think it might look pretty cool to have some of these paper lanterns hang from the ceiling to have Baby Woos look at.  Maybe over changing table area or in the corner.  I had these lanterns at my wedding and the extra pop of color made everything look so elegant.















I like the idea of having nine separate photos hanging behind the crib in the shape of a square.  But instead of all photos I think I would want to have my pooh quotes here and some squares just a color pattern, maybe one with photos, etc... I don't really know.  My girlfriend at work has nine equal squares hanging in her office with just different patterns and it looks really nice.  Or does the three pictures over the crib look better?  With all of the photo programs online you can easily put the photo or quote on a canvas at a good price.

nursery with pictures Jungle boys nursery


Or then there is the idea of putting up Baby Woos' name on the wall behind the crib.  I don't know about this idea though...especially if we do the alphabet theme because it may be too much.  Just an example:

Boy nursery



So many decisions.  But this part is REALLY fun!  The last item we need to buy for the nursery (or get from our registries) is a chair with ottoman so I have a comfy place to feed Baby Woos. 

Given with what I like above the next question is what color should we paint the nursery?  My mom suggested black, white, and lime green and I really like that idea.  I also like the grey and blue in the top photo and even a black, white, and yellow nursery.  I really am all over the place with thinking of paint colors.  If the rain ever stops I think I will go to Lowes and pick up paint samples to hand on wall to help decide.

The small touches of the nursery will also be fun.. like color of changing pad, any baskets, should we put up shelves, should some of my Disney Collectibles be displayed, etc...  But the small touches will be added once we at least choose a color scheme and get the furniture into the room.

Any suggestions?  I would love to hear any comments.

Happy Saturday!  Now I am going to make some breakfast and try to stay dry today.  Let's Go Syracuse and Kentucky!!  Both big games today.


(all photos taken from my board on pintrest.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment