Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day

Just the Two of Us:


Last night we celebrated Valentines Day.  I wanted to make this year extra special since it will be the last Valentines Day just the two of us so I decided to re-create our wedding dinner.  We used our fancy wedding china for the first time tonight and I put one of our original menu cards at each place setting.  And the flowers that you see on the table are star gazer lilies and mums like we had at our wedding (yellow instead of green mums since I couldn't find green mums).



Menu:
Soup- Lump Crab Bisque
Salad- Baby Spinach with feta, roasted peppers, red onion & candied pecans
Dinner- Grilled Beef Tenderloin with a truffled demi glaze, roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus
Dessert: (instead of wedding cake) tiramisu

Since my husband doesn't eat salad I had a cheese plate for him.  But the soup, the salad, and dinner was made exactly like we had it on our wedding night.  I was also going to attempt to make a homemade almond cake with butter cream frosting but I just ran out of time so I bought tiramisu instead.  This is the first time in a LONG time that I bought the dessert instead of making it from scratch.  I feel like I cheated but I'll blame it on the pregnancy for being too tired last night to make the cake.



Calli wanted to be a Lady Bug and Help with Dinner :) 


Crab Soup

Spinach salad



beef tenderloin with roasted potatoes and asparagus

Donnie cooked the steaks on our grill outside and I did the rest of the cooking.  It was delicious and our dogs even got to try a piece of my steak... hey its valentines day for them too.

It really was such a wonderful night.  We even danced to our first dance after our salads (cheese plate for Donnie) since during this time at our wedding we had our father-daughter dance and mother-son dance.  And to finish off our night in style, while we ate dessert we watched our wedding video together. 



If  you click the link below you can watch our first dance together on our wedding night. 


<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=888598843844" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>











Lately I have been thinking about our wedding night a lot and I must say that I believe it was the most beautiful wedding.  I know I may be bias but the setting was perfect, the weather was perfect, and having all our close family and friends together was amazing. 


Happy Valentines Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment