Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Patio Project Started:

it's only the beginning:

I am so happy that I finally bought a love seat to go on our indoor patio.  It is my go to spot now when I come home from work and want to relax for a while.  (and thankfully we live in Charleston where the weather is beautiful so it is a nice 60 degrees out)



It's still a work in progress but it is a BIG start.  I would like to put a large mirror behind the love seat to reflect the sunshine and the outdoors into the patio (thanks to the brilliant idea from my mom).  I am also going to add some more plants once the weather gets a little warmer so I don't have to worry about a frost and bringing them inside.


What we started with:

  
what a mess

Donnie hard at work putting all of the furniture together

The chair was the hardest to put together because it is a swivel chair... which will be very useful when trying to feed Baby Woos and rock to sleep.  It rotates 360 degrees and it also rocks a little back and forth.

So now that I have the patio furniture inside it is time to work on the real fun part-- the outdoor patio.  I think that we have come to the agreement to have a paver stone patio in the corner of the backyard.

This is what we are starting with:


and this is what we hope the finished look will look like (minus the front flower beds):

Design a Paver Patio or Walkway

We still need to go to lowes and pick out the pavers and then see how much they charge for install or find a different company to install the patio correctly.  I would love to think that we could do this project together but that is very unlikely!  We will map out the layout and take our dimensions with this picture to the installers and hopefully it will not cost an arm and a leg.


Onto other news- today I think I will try to tackle the garage and see what can be accomplished... I also am embarrassed to say that I still need to take off the Christmas lights of the tree out front and put the decorations up in the attic.  Where does time go?  It doesn't feel like the middle of February.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I have Monday off for President's Day so I am super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment