Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Time to Slow Down

As long as I can remember my mom has always told me to slow down.  I have always wanted to do everything and cram as much as I can into one day.  If there was an event planned I needed to go to it even if I felt bad, and god forbid if I would miss an athletic event or a party.  Well I am now 31 years old and pregnant with Baby Woos and I still want to Go Go Go. 


This week however my body is not liking me too much and wants me to rest.  And for once in my life I think I am going to listen because it would be best for Baby Woos.  I am just exhausted and last night I couldn't stop coughing before bed.  This morning I woke up with sniffles and a headache and I'm praying that I don't get sick. 

Being sick when pregnant isn't any fun!
All I wanted this morning was an extra cup of coffee, Excedrin, and delsym (#1cough medicine).  But since I am pregnant I had one cup of coffee and that was it.  It didn't wake me up, stop the headache, and I'm still stuffy.  I guess I'm just having one of those days plus starting to get sick doesn't help! 

There are medicines that I'm allowed to take but it's just not the same.  Plus some of the medicines that are safe to take don't work on me so I'd rather not take anything at all.
ProblemSafe to take
Heartburn, gas and bloating, upset stomachAntacids for heartburn (Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums)

Simethicone for gas pains (Gas-X, Maalox Anti-Gas, Mylanta Gas, Mylicon)
Cough or coldGuaifenesin, an expectorant (Hytuss, Mucinex, Naldecon Senior EX, Robitussin)

Dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant (Benylin Adult, Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough, Scot-Tussin DM, Vicks 44 Cough Relief)

Guaifenesin plus dextromethorphan (Benylin Expectorant, Robitussin DM, Vicks 44E)

Cough drops

Vicks VapoRub

Not safe to take:

Cold remedies that contain alcohol

The decongestants pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine, which can affect blood flow to the placenta
Pain relief, headache, and feverAcetaminophen (Anacin Aspirin-Free, Tylenol)
Allergy reliefChlorpheniramine, an antihistamine (Chlor-Trimeton allergy tablets)

Loratadine, an antihistamine (Alavert, Claritin, Tavist ND, Triaminic Allerchews)

Diphenhydramine, an antihistamine (Banophen, Benadryl, Diphenhist, Genahist)

 http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-over-the-counter-medications-during-pregnancy_1486462.bc


Another Nursery Update-
On a happier note:  Last night while I was on the Internet looking at cribs and dressers, once again, I found that at J.C. Penney's they deliver (for free) already assembled dressers and changing tables.  This really makes me happy.  Plus Penney's is really affordable. 

Savanna Tori 3-pc. Baby Furniture Set - Espresso

  • crib that measures 58½x31x46¾"H
  • changing tower
  • 4-drawer chest that has metal drawer guides and measures 18-3/8x31-7/8x40"H
  • solid hardwood
  • crib requires assembly; changing tower and chest are fully assembled



Side note:  I called Pottery Barn yesterday and spoke to them about the changing table that I love.  They charge an extra $100 deliver fee and you still have to assemble the piece...no thank you.  And although I really liked the crib we found at target I was really nervous about trying to put together a dresser/changing table not made of real wood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment