Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Recap and Recipe

This past weekend I had a wonderful time with our friends.  It was sad to see Cortney leave because it is the last time that we will see each other before our boys are born.  It has been so wonderful to have such a close friend go through pregnancy at the same time as me (we are only 6 days apart).  And with all the excitement I forgot to take any pictures- oops!


Me, Kristina, Cortney (older picture)

This past weekend I also think Baby Woos hit another growth spurt because he is kicking more and has stronger kicks, plus he is starting to feel heavier and heavier.  Sometimes it is uncomfortable just sitting around on the couch- I find myself always readjusting my position.  What is funny is that while Cortney and I were sitting on the couch together both of us had to re-adjust every so often... our bodies really have reacted in very similar ways during our pregnancies. 


Baby Woos also started to move in :) 

It is just the beginning but I wanted to clear out closet space to begin trying to figure out a good system with all of baby supplies... baby clothes, baby blankets, crib sheets, bibs, etc..  The list really does go on forever.  I plan on getting some baskets to put the smaller items in, plus next week we get to move in the nursery furniture and I am soooo excited!  I realize that Baby Woos is going to be living in our bedroom for the first month or so but I want to complete the nursery while I still have energy and am still mobile enough to move around.  (It is starting to get hard to bend over sometimes.)  I am the type of person that loves to check off my to-do list... especially when it involves doing fun projects.



Potato Salad Recipe:
And since it is Monday I will leave you with a simple, yet delicious potato salad recipe.



Ingredients:
-potatoes (I used 6 russet potatoes and peeled them)
-mayo (Hellman's is the best- a couple scoops)
-green olives  (a couple tbsp)
-FRESH dill (it makes all the difference)
-red onion (3 slices chopped up)
-apple cider vinegar (2 tbsp)
-salt, pepper, mustard powder & paprika



How to Make: 
  1. Dice up the potatoes into larger chunks and boil until you can poke with a fork and they fall apart.  You don't want to cook too long or else your potato salad turns into mush.
  2. Let potatoes cool while you dice the onion, green olives, and finely chop the dill
  3. While potatoes are cooling sprinkle some mustard powder on top (about 1-2 tsp), add the apple cider vinegar, and add some salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Once cool to the touch add the onion, green olive, and mayo.  Mix in the dill.  Lastly, add the paprika and put in fridge until serving.
**Before serving you may have to add some more mayo if it dries up too much.



1 comment: