Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

28 Weeks



I can't believe how close we are getting to Baby Woos' arrival.  I am super excited and a little nervous.  Getting ready for Baby Woos is like getting prepared for a wedding in that there is so much to do by a certain deadline.  However- it is soooo different because instead of an event for one day its for a lifetime. 

How am I feeling?  TIRED.  Somedays I feel like I have been hit with a ton of bricks because of how tired I am.  Its like the feeling when you are hungover and just want to nap all day- except I'm not hungover and it is because Baby Woos is taking all my energy to grow into a healthy baby boy.  Being tired has made exercise more of a chore as well and I even slept through my alarm clock this morning for bootcamp-- I think this is the second time this has happened since I started bootcamp last May. 

Other then being tired I feel pretty much the same- except I feel fat.  I know my body is changing for Baby Woos but I'm starting to feel like its not all Baby Weight anymore.  I try to eat healthy for the most part and I exercise so I need to not let myself worry about how many inches my belly is growing or how much I weigh.  The "fat" feeling is because I can't bend over like I want to, its hard to get out of bed, and I get out of breath sometimes from really doing nothing.  After Baby Woos is born is when I can start getting my body feeling like myself again.... so enough of the fat talk.

Here are some other symptoms I get to look forward to:
  • Trouble sleeping. As you get closer to your due date, you'll likely have more and more trouble with this. It could be hormones or nerves -- or both!
  • Shortness of breath, as baby continues to crowd your lungs.
  • Aches and pains -- the third trimester can be really uncomfortable due to hormone fluctuations and the toll on your body.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions -- these might be getting stronger or more frequent as your bod gets ready for labor.
  • Leaky boobs. Your breasts may already be producing baby's first food, a yellowish substance called colostrum.
www.thebump.com


Whats going on with Baby Woos? 
Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-28.aspx

Baby Woos is more active every day.  Some of his kicks are even starting to hurt a little.  He is also starting to gain more fat on him so his skin smooths out more and more. 


Hope you enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment: