Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

G-Diapers

I know that I have already done a post on cloth diapers here but I have made my decision that for Baby Woos we are going to use G-Diapers.



Why G-Diapers?Pinned Image

First- look how cute they are.  Now I am not choosing them on how cute they are but aren't they so cute- and they come in a variety of colors.

G-Diapers are a hybrid diaper where you can use both cloth or disposable inserts.  I have read many, many reviews on the diapers and I am very pleased with what I have read. 
There are a few components to the diaper:
  -the outside cover  (which rarely gets soiled so you don't have to wash every time)
  -the snap-in liner
  -the cloth (or disposable) insert
  -the cloth liner  (for easy disposal)




Now it may seem like a lot but it is simple.  I want to use mostly cloth inserts and add the liner for easy removal.  The liner is biodegradable and flushable. 

gDiapers gPants (Choose Sizes S,M,L & Color) Quick Information
gDiapers Cloth Liners - 105 count Quick Information  gDiapers Cloth Inserts 6 Pack - Sizes S,M-XL Quick Information  gDiapers gPants Pouch 6 Pack - Sizes S,M-XL Quick Information

The start up cost may be a little more expensive but in the long run all I will have to continue to buy are the liners (for easy clean-up).  I will have disposable inserts and some regular disposable diapers (for long-outings) but I am super excited to use these diapers.  They are also easy to wash- snap in liners go into a wet bag and the rest go straight into the laundry.  See http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/12/15/gwhiz-gdiapers-101-laundry-edition/ to see what this one blogger has to say about g-diapers.
g diapers are a great transition diaper for parents who are still nervous about the whole cloth diaper thing...dads LOVE them!

So I know you are probably not as excited about these diapers as I am but it is nice to know that Baby Woos' butt will not be in contact with all the chemicals that are in disposable diapers. 

Once we get the painting in our nursery complete I am going to have such a fun time setting up our changing station. 

----------------------------

On a different note the Kentucky Derby is right around the croner- May 4th.  Donnie and I are having our 3rd annual Derby party... so I need to stop thinking baby stuff and start thinking of the menu.  These are the invitations we sent out:



Busy Busy Busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment