Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

26 Weeks


I can't believe that in less than 100 days Baby Woos will be gracing us with his presence.



What is going on with Baby Woos?
This week his eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open.  Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity.  Yesterday when I was laying out in the sun (in my bikini since I was in my backyard) Baby Woos did start moving around a lot so maybe he did see the sunlight.  (or maybe it was just his time to exercise).  But I am hopeful to think that Baby Woos already loves the sun as much as his mama.

He is also getting his immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies.




 
What is going on with me?

    Trouble Sleeping
    Bloating:  Your expanding uterus continues to put more and more pressure on your stomach and intestines, resulting in the bloating.
    Occassional Headaches
    Forgetfulness & Pregnancy Brain
    Clumsiness: your loosened joints, shifted center of gravity, and added weight are just a few factors that cause you to slip, trip, and fall more often then usual.
    Lower Abdominal Achiness: Caused by "growing pains" by your expanding uterus- technically called round ligament pain.
    Braxton Hicks contractions


    I have been experiencing all of these symptoms except for the braxton hicks contractions.  However- these symptoms are at a minimum.  My body is very front heavy with my expanding belly and this week I have crossed off doing any more crunches.  Although I can still physically do a crunch they make me cramp and it is totally not worth it.  I can do planks and other exercises to keep my abdominal muscles working.  I also think that April is going to be my last official month of boot camp but again it all depends on how I am feeling at the end of the month.  This past week I have felt energized in class, I am more comfortable with the modification of certain exercises, and I haven't had any real dizzy spells.  What I have also noticed is that when I do a push-up my belly hits the ground first before my chest which makes me notice how BIG my belly actually has gotten.  Sometimes I don't notice how much it has grown!!  I measured my belly on Easter and it is 42 inches round!  42 inches- WOW.  That explains why I have a hard time sqeezing by someone.

    Next week will be my last official week in my second trimester  :) 
    

    1 comment: