Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

5 Annoying Pregnancy Symptoms

Happy Saturday.  It's a big day for Syracuse-- Let's Go Cuse!!!  I'm super excited about watching the game tonight plus Cortney and Will (the friends I just visited in GA) and Sarah and Anthony will be coming over for the game. 


Sarah, Taneal, Me, & Cortney

Top 5 Annoying Pregnancy Symptoms  (that no one tells you about)

1. Wrist Pain and Numbness in Hands

Now I know that I have complained about my wrists being sore but as I get further along in my pregnancy it seems like my right wrist (and sometimes my left) seems to bother me more.  This is because the carpal tunnel in the wrist becomes swollen during pregnancy with the resultant pressure causing numbness, tingling, burning, and pain.  Sleeping on your hands can also make the problem worse. 

2. More Irritability-- especially Road Rage

I blame this on my hormones.  I know that I have been known to have road rage in the past but WOW every time I drive I think I am screaming at someone.  The parking garage is the worst part for my rage since tourists really don't know what they are doing.  I also get more irritated by stupid people.

3.  Not realizing how BIG your belly has gotten

Although I am very aware that my belly is much bigger than normal, I still don't think I can grasp how far it actually sticks out.  I find myself trying to "squeeze by" just to realize that I can not fit unless I move the chair or cart.  Also turning sideways definitely does not do the trick!!  I mean my stomach is the first thing to touch the floor when I do a push-up so you would think I would realize how big it is but I just don't.



4. Change in Belly Button
Maybe I am strange but I can not believe how much my belly button has changed.  This is because my skin is stretching to fit my every expanding stomach.  I knew my belly button was going to change a little but not a weekly change.  I really wonder what it is going to look like in my 9th month.



5. Trouble Sleeping

I guess not being able to sleep is getting me prepared for Baby Woos waking me up in the middle of the night.  I haven't had a good night sleep since my first trimester.  It is a combination of me knowing I can't sleep on my back and sleeping on my side really isn't comfortable anymore- even with the 6 pillows I sleep with.  I also wake up to go to the bathroom usually once a night and then have a hard time falling back asleep.  I think my best sleep is when I take a nap in the afternoon!
I wish I could sleep like Trouble!


So there you have my top 5 list of what is irritating me (right now) about being pregnant. I have to say that I am pretty fortunate since I never had morning sickness, my headaches went away, and I haven't had heartburn.  Who knows what the third trimester will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment