Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hospital Bag Checklist

So I know that I am not due until July but I love checking things to do off.  So needless to say I have thought about and bought items for our stay in the hospital.  We will be delivering at East Cooper Medical in Mt. Pleasant.  Within the next couple of weeks Donnie and I plan to take a tour of the hospital and fill out any paperwork we can in advance.  As long as everything goes smoothly I think I will only be in the hospital for one or two nights (max).

One item on my checklist that I have bought is my robe and slippers:



I also bought comfortable pajama bottoms and a top.  Believe it or not but finding things to sleep in have been the hardest the last few weeks because I don't want anything touching my belly.  Pants/shorts are only comfortable if they sit below my belly... so I was in love with these very light weight pants when they came in the mail. Below the belly in the front and above my butt in the back :)



Some other items that I have ready to pack are nursing bras, sleep bras, cotton underwear, a nightgown (that is super easy to nurse in), a nursing top.  Plus I finally found maternity exercise pants and shorts that are similar to the pajamas in that they sit below the belly but are normal height in the back.



And my favorite part that I have ready is a going home outfit for Baby Woos.  A baby gown (much easier then trying to mess with pants), socks, a hat, and a little blanket.  The gown also has built in mittens so he can't scratch his face with his nails.  As for me I'll probably be going home in my exercise pants or shorts with a maternity top...nothing fancy!



And last but not least I bought a travel toiletry bag.  I have been wanting a toiletry bag for a while  (I just use a ziplock bag- even when I'm not flying) so what better excuse to buy one now.  This is completely empty right now but I plan on putting in my normal toiletries plus some breast pads and other mommy items I might need. (remember: hair ties & chapstick)


You may be asking what else is there...
  • receiving blankets for Dylan (I know the hospital has them but I hear they aren't as soft)
  • towel (hospital towel may be small)
  • socks
  • camera and extra batteries
  • i-pad (mostly for Donnie)
  • cell-phones and charger
  • boppie??- to help with nursing
  • change of clothes for Donnie
  • car seat-- We must remember to install the car seat and have it inspected!!
  • if we have time: small cooler with snacks and drinks- don't know what hospital will have
  • loose change for vending machines

Now I have not packed a single item but I have all my items (for the most part).  After we do our tour of the hospital we will know more if we need to bring more or less.  I actually won't pack the bag until mid June but I love being prepared. 


No comments:

Post a Comment