Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

No more Bootcamp (For Now)

Friday was my last day of boot camp classes until Baby Woos arrives.  My body isn't moving as fast as I would like to and carrying around a 20 pound basketball doesn't help.  Plus, my body no longer wants me to jump around.  Although I am not too excited stopping bootcamp I think it is whats best for Baby Woos and my body. 


29 Weeks-- last official week of bootcamp


I am proud of myself for making it up to my 30 week of pregnancy in bootcamp. (I will technically be 30 weeks on Sunday)  This past week we had some great workouts and I did here the comment from other girls in the class "if pregnant girl is doing it I guess I have to" which makes me feel great about me exercising. 

I wish I knew how to post video on my blog but until I learn I just wanted to mention a few exercises that I am proud to say I did until the end:

Ninja Jumps:  Yup- I can do what this girl is doing in the video.  No hands :) 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fug09TvDC5Y

Candlesticks:  I have posted this before but I am still proud to say that I can do candlesticks without using my hands.  Most people don't like this exercise but it has always been one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBCw9b_vp4

Burpees:  When I say burpees I mean one-legged burpees, scorpion burpees, super burpees, etc.  The only burpee I can not do is a deadman burpee since it requires you to lay on your stomach.  (Also- sometimes in class if we are doing a lot of repeated burpees I will do the burpees on an incline.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpl4GPAhwpk



So now that bootcamp is over- I do plan to continue to exercise.  I am going to go to prenatal yoga and carve out time each day to make sure I make it to class.  I will also go swimming (once it gets a little warmer) and make sure I continue to go for walks.  I am also thinking of continuing my training with Kindal (bootcamp instructor) on a one on one basis (actually two on one basis).  Right now Kindal is training another pregnant client in individual sessions so I may piggyback on those sessions.  I know my body to well that if I completely stop exercise then it will go into "shock" and the last two months of pregnancy would be ugly.  I know I may sound crazy but I am looking forward to starting bootcamp classes back in August and I can't wait to participate in a 5K this fall. 
My last race since carrying Baby Woos- In December 2012  (I actually PRed in this race too)



Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment