Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Shade Garden

Good Morning!  Yesterday we woke to weather in the mid 60s and it felt wonderful.  I convinced Donnie to go to Home Depot with me and we picked up some hosta plants to add to my shade garden (that I have been neglecting.)

This is the area that I have not done much to over the last couple of years.  Prior to the Kentucky Derby Party Donnie had his friend come over and lay some sod next to our deck.  This sod his friend had leftover from a previous job so their is a little strip that is still our grass (or lack of grass) right in front of the garden.  When they laid down the sod, Donnie and his friend moved the rocks that were randomly placed in front of our door to make a border along my garden that you see above.

This shows how sod was laid next to the deck all the way back to the garden area.  Donnie also put mulch around the tree right before our Derby party.


Here is looking at the yard from the shade garden area to the deck.  This backyard paradise is almost complete... just a few pavers under the grill area and I would love to get some type of potted plant to go in the empty pot you see if this picture. 

Back to the shade garden...

I added more hostas and a ground covering plant with small blue flowers.  The picture is a little blurring but I already had a few hostas growing in the garden and ivy is also spreading in the garden.


I also added a hydrangea bush in the corner of our garden that I hope will grow and thrive there.  Right there it gets partial sunlight so I hope that is enough.  The garden could use some mulch to match the mulch around the tree but this pregnant lady is not going to mulch the garden and Donnie will most likely step on the plants because he is not so graceful so the mulch will have to wait till next year. 

This plant is a vine plant that is also growing in the garden.  I have no clue what it is and I'm not going to say what the leaves looks like but I don't think its a weed.  If you know what this plant is called let me know.  You can also see that I have baby elephant years started to sprout up, along with the ivy. 

My hopes for this garden is that it continues to grow and spread so I won't have to do much maintenance to it. 

---------------------------------------

On another note... I didn't make it to the pool yesterday because I was tired after doing the garden and some other chores so I decided to just lay outside at the house on our patio.  Today I will be making it to the pool in a few hours and be doing laps!! 

But here are a few funny pictures:

Me at 20 weeks:  (I can't believe that I thought I looked prego at 20 weeks and my belly was soo big)




And this is today (at 34 weeks):

Yup- I think my belly grew just a little (haha) in those 14 weeks!!  I knew that my belly was big but I really couldn't believe that my bathing suit shrunk so much when I put it on. :) Good thing that I really don't care if my belly is going to be hanging out while I go swimming today!

I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment