Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Prenatal Yoga



I am so proud of myself for actually making it to my prenatal yoga class today.  Since I am not doing any Lamaze classes I told myself that now until Baby Woos is born that I MUST go to my prenatal yoga class.  I have to admit that my mind wanders a lot during class (about what I'm hungry for, etc..) but I do work on my breathing and we stretch our hip muscles to prepare our body for labor as much as we can.  So mentally this yoga class doesn't do much for me but physically I know that this class will be very beneficial come labor time. 

Since it is a class of only pregnant women it is also very nice to hear them talk about how they are doing and any tips they have.  My instructor has also had two children so she gives us tips as well.  Today I learned that while pushing during labor you should push with your throat (not your face) since you throat muscles and your vagina muscles are connected.  Now I am not really sure how they are connected but it is a breathing technique that is worth a try during labor.  This lady is pregnant with her second child and she said she only had to push for 15 minutes so why not take her advice. 

I was also questioned today if Baby Woos is breached or if anything is complicated in his position.  Every doctors appointment that I have gone to the measure me, test my urine, we listen to his heartbeat, and sometimes do a pelvic exam.  We have always been very healthy - good blood pressure, no sugar in urine, healthy heart rate, etc but the last time I saw Baby Woos was around 21 weeks on his last ultrasound.  I'm not sure if they do another ultrasound to find out your baby's position or how it really works.  My next appointment on Monday I will ask.  I really hope that Baby Woos is positioned correctly.







Now for some belly talk:

During class I noticied that when I go into a slight back bend position Baby Woos is centered across my stomach and he looks like a little cone.  Now I showed Donnie this and he thinks I am just strange but really your body does some crazy things. 

look how my belly is a cone  :)

Another cone picture but in the mirror.


Since I am showing a very strange picture of Baby Woos as a cone position I thought I would also share that most of the time now my belly button is half outtie and half innie (except for when I am laying down it is an innie again).  Okay yes I am strange but again it is so crazy how your body can stretch in the way it does to accommodate a growing baby.


Happy Friday!!  I hope that my belly pictures aren't too strange and that everyone has a wonderful weekend.  We are going to our friends Baby Shower tomorrow out on Folly Beach so hopefully the weather will be beautiful--- I could use a nice long walk on the beach!

1 comment: