Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

31 Weeks

At 31 weeks I feel great.  Baby Woos, the dogs and I went for a nice walk this morning.  Finally the sun in shining in Charleston-- just in time for us to go to New York. :)
Baby Woos- 31 Weeks

My belly is so big!!  So far during my pregnancy I have gained 28 pounds and although most of the weight is in my belly, lately I am just feeling a little plumpier in other places as well.  In all honestly I am not concerned about my weight gain because I don't think I will have too much of a hard time losing it once I start eating properly and exercising again (crossing my fingers).  For the most part I eat pretty healthy but if I want a cookie or an extra serving or something fattening I haven't really thought twice about it since you really can only gain weight without everyone saying "looks like you've gained a few pounds" when your pregnant.  Now if I have already gained 40 or 50 pounds during my pregnancy I would be thinking differently but I am on track to stay within the suggested weight gain during pregnancy.  (The suggested weight gain is between 25-35 pounds.  I know I will be on the higher note at the end but as long as I have a healthy Baby Boy it has been worth it.)

Enough about weight gain!  Here are some other symptoms www.thebump.com says I get to look forward to.

Pregnancy Symptoms at 31 weeks :
  • Out of breath, since baby keeps squishing your lungs.  I do notice Baby Woos moving a lot more around my rib cage- which isn't too comfortable.  I try to push him down but it doesn't work too well. 
  • Dry, brittle nails, thanks to all that extra nail growth.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions. Be sure you're drinking plenty of water and changing positions often.  I have not had any Braxton Hicks contractions.  I asked my doctor how would I know if I was having one and she said it would feel like a pain across your whole abdomen area like a contraction.  The only pain that I get in my stomach area is a quick sharp pain to one area which is most likely ligament pain or Baby Woos kicking me harder then usual.
  • Leaky boobs. That's baby's first food, called colostrum. Still has not happened.  Hopefully it won't until Baby Woos is born.
  • Frequent urination. Your bladder's just as crowded as your lungs.  I feel like anytime I go anywhere my first stop is the restroom. 
  • Back aches. Be sure to keep stretching. No real problem here.
  • Difficulty sleeping. Aches and pains, your big belly, pregnancy hormones, heartburn and anxiety are probably all contributing.  I have had trouble sleeping my entire pregnancy!!  Hopefully this is just getting me prepared for some of the sleepless nights ahead.  I don't have heartburn or anxiety but sleeping really isn't that comfortable when you have a big belly with a baby moving inside you. 

What is going on with Baby Woos?

Your baby's the size of a pineapple!
He's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month. He's getting so big, he's probably crowding your lungs.  Baby Woos is going through major brain and nerve development since all his five senses are in working order.  In addition his irises are now able to react to light.





Baby Woos is continuing to be active.  At our last doctors appointment on Monday my doctor said his heartbeat is great and he is growing at a wonderful speed. 

and lastly... look I don't really look pregnant from the behind  :) 


Now time to finish getting ready to go to NY.  Sarah will be watching Trouble at our house and the dogs are being boarded.  Poor Trouble has one more week until he is allowed to go outside again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment