Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

8 Months- 32 Weeks

Baby Woos at 32 Weeks
What's going on with me?  I really feel great just large and in charge.  When I was in NY I measured my belly and I am measuring 45 inches round now... crazy to think your skin can strech that big.  Today I did my own "baby bootcamp" at home and I must say doing squats is a chore now with the extra weight.  I couldn't do as much as I wanted because my stomach cramped a little so I stopped working out but I was able to do some squats, arm weights, jump rope, and very few ab moves. 


Symtoms that I get to look forward to:
  • More Braxton Hicks contractions. I haven't had any that I am aware of.  I have had some ligament pain in my lower stomach but it is a sharp quick pain that goes right away.. like a short leg cramp.
  • Darker nipples, so baby can see then better when it comes time to breastfeed.
  • Shortness of breath. Don't worry: baby is getting plenty of air. I try to avoid the elevators and walk the stairs at work but now I am getting a little lazy because I don't want to get to court panting.  :)
  • Heartburn. Go ahead and pop an antacid.  No heartburn!!!  I heard that you usually get heartburn once your baby starts growing hair... I guess Baby Woos is taking after his daddy and doesn't have any hair yet.
  • Enlarged breasts that may leak!
  • Vaginal discharge. Your body is preparing for delivery by preventing infection down there.



What's going on with Baby Woos?

Baby Woos is growing and is feeling a bit more cramped inside!  According to www.whattoexpect.com , he's starting to get ready for his big debut, tipping the scales at almost four pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches. In these past few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as he hones the skills he'll need to thrive outside the womb — from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck his thumb for a while now. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, he's becoming less transparent and more opaque.  Baby Woos may have also turned so he is in the head-down position by now, poised for her trip down the birth canal.






1 comment: