Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Baby Shower and Godparents


For the past couple of days Donnie and I have been in NY spending time with my family and friends.  It has been a very eventful weekend.  Donnie and I finally asked (we had decided in February but wanted to ask them together in person) my sister and her husband Brad if they would be our godparents to Baby Woos.  They said yes (after a few tears) and we were very excited.  The plans are to come up next year sometime during late spring or summer to baptize Dylan in the Episcopal Church that I grew up in as a child.
Donnie and I with Brad (Godfather)
Ann (Godmother) and I

On Saturday my mom and my sister threw Baby Woos our first Baby Shower.  It was absolutely wonderful. Pooh was the theme of the shower and it was perfect since I have always loved Winnie the Pooh and I also have his quotes on the walls in the nursery.  The food was delicious and it was so great to see everyone.  My mom cooked all of my favorite dishes... and everyone raved about how tasty everything was.

beehive cake and cupcakes


My best friend from high school is also pregnant with a Baby girl and is due in October.  Since she is already a mom and is pregnant she has been sooo helpful during my pregnancy to ask the embarrassing questions because no questions are really embarrassing with her.  
Kathy (Krissy's mom), Krissy & I

It was also nice to see all of our close family friends that I know will be an important part of Baby Woos' life as well.  These ladies have all seen me grow up from childhood to become the woman that I am today.

Mom, Aunt Jill, Me and Ann

Erin and Queenie
Aunt Cindy, Mom, & Aunt Jo Jo
Vicki and I

When it was time to open gifts I was so thankful that I had a little helper because it really made it so much easier.  With my big belly it is hard to bend down and pick up the gifts but I did not have to worry about that with my helper.


My mom also crowned me with a "Mom to Be" crown.  I could handle the crown since their were no baby shower games.  Here are a few gift pictures.  I can't believe how well Baby Woos made out.








After everyone left I took a small nap and then went through all the clothes, blankets, toys, swings, etc...  My mom kept asking me if this was making me nervous and really it wasn't.  I am so excited and feel ready to have Baby Woos.  Having the shower was actually pretty relieving because every gift we received is one last item that we have to buy.

Me trying to organize our gifts

We are also very fortunate that my cousin Vicki was able to pass down some of her twins baby stuff that she no longer needs.  Now tomorrow we get to pick up our rental minivan (to fit all our goodies) and have a lovely 15 hour drive ahead of us.  At least our Southern Baby Shower is only a ten minute ride away.  :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see this amazing baby shower. Everyone is having good time. It reminded me of my baby shower that my mom threw me at one of Chicago event space. She was really good and successful in arranging best things there. I really liked and enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete