Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

32 Week Checklist-

It's count-down time so I wanted to re-look at my original to do list that I wrote at 24 weeks. This list is more beneficial to me then to you but it helps me stay on track with everything. 

Stuff to Do: 
  • Set up life insurance policy for our family  Still researching 
  • Do we need to write a will?  Need to work on this but can be done after Baby Woos is born
  • Figure out and ask our future God Parents if they will be God Parents  (we already have our godparents picked out) We asked Ann and Brad this past weekend
  • Research cord banking
  • Take tour of hospital (East Cooper) and fill out paperwork- Is their another financial agreement we need to sign?  Must contact them within 30 days of Baby Woos due date to fill out the pre-register paperwork.  (won't allow you to do any sooner)
  • Do I need a birth plan?  Mine is get to the hospital in time so I can have an epidural.  Anything else I am forgetting?
  • Choose a pediatrician- one in West Ashley
  • Buy a car (my focus is not Baby safe) We are working on this but for now I will drive Donnie's car while he drives the focus.
fun stuff:
  • continue with prenatal yoga classes I am soooo bad at making it to class but hope to be more successful plus I need to go on more walks
  • complete baby registry- Target and Babies-R-Us  mostly completed but may need to make some changes
  • break down guest room to make nursery
  • assemble crib & buy crib mattress- already bought our nursery furniture Still need crib mattress (on our registry)
  • paint nursery- must figure out colors first 
  • figure out nursery decor
  • buy bedding and glider for nursery (on registry- so hopefully we will receive as gifts) Still need glider
  • Have our baby showers: NY- May 11th; SC- June 1st 2nd
  • Put together all items once we get them: stroller; pack-n-play; swing
  • Install car seat and have it inspected  (must do or else Baby Woos stays at hospital)  We have our car seat but just need to install it-- first week of June
  • Organize Changing area- diapers, wipes, etc  Still need changing items- on registry
  • Organize closet- figure out an easy system Still need a few baskets, hamper, etc. but I have an idea of where everything is going to go.
  • Make sure nursery monitor is set up and works properly  We have monitor just now need to figure out how to use it :)
  • wash all bedding and clothes:  Do I really need to do this? yes... I am going to go buy some detergent soon and do this.  I have taken off all tags already and all blankets, sheets, and clothes are ready to be washed.
  • buy nightgown for hospital and nursing tang tops
  • pack a hospital bag- pick out something cute for Baby Woos to wear home I'll do this first week of June
  • announce Baby Woos' name  Dylan
 
Top 5 Items that Baby Woos still needs off of our Registry: 
  • Mattress and protector sheet
  • Glider with Ottoman
  • Breast Pump and Bottles
  • Changing Pad and Cover
  • Diapers-  I really want to use G-Diapers.
 
This list is really short compared to our original list.  We are so thankful to already have nursery furniture, stroller, carseat, extra carseat base, highchair, two swings, walker, pack-n-play with bassinet, bathtub, baby carrier, crib bedding, baby monitor, diaper bag, crib musical soother, and a ton of small items including towels, blankets, bibs, clothing, and toys.  Baby Woos even has his own life jacket and two bathing suits so we are ready to get in the water :)  After our southern baby shower and my work shower then I will head to Babies R Us and Target and pick up the remaining items that we need...until then I am going to wait patiently--which is SOOO hard to do! 

Who would have thought that a baby needs so many things?  Okay so maybe not all these items are true necessities but they make life a whole lot easier.
 

1 comment:

  1. wow, you're lists are depleting nicely:)

    ReplyDelete