Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Two weeks since Delivery

Big Boy Sleeping in His Crib
Baby Woos had his Two Week Check-up.  He is a healthy growing baby boy.  He has gained back all his weight that he initially lost plus some.  Breastfeeding is going well and his doctor said I could start pumping since he is feeding well and gaining weight... so we will see how that goes.  Baby Woos also now has approval to get a big boy bath since his umbilical cord fell off and his penis is healed. 





Dylan's measurements:
Age: 2 weeks
Weight and Percentile: 9 ilbs. 11 oz.; 83%
Height and Percentile: 22.3 inches; 99%
Head Circumference & Percentile: 15; 97%


Dylan is the love of my life.  I can't believe how much love you can have for your own child.  Being a mommy is so rewarding!!!

What's going on with me?

Yesterday I had my two week check-up and my doctor liked how my stitches were healing which is very exciting.  She cleared me to continue walking and I also can take a bath or going swimming now.  I can gradually increase the amount of weight I carry to include the car-seat with Baby Woos in it but I must be careful not to over do it.  I am still on an exercise restriction until my 6 week follow-up appointment.  The reason for the restriction is because too much vigorous activity and I could pull a stitch inside me and therefore have to have another surgery to fix it.  I do not want to go through another surgery so I am going to follow my doctors orders and lay low until my 6 week appointment.


Now I have a confession to make-  I didn't stay within the 25-35 pounds that you are supposed to gain during pregnancy.  According to the doctors scale I gained 40 pounds during pregnancy.  (And if I use my best weight in the beginning of October from boot camp then I gained 45 pounds- OUCH!)  But it was all worth it because Baby Woos was born a big healthy boy and at my doctors appointment yesterday I stepped on the scale and lost 27 pounds!  That is 27 pounds in two weeks-- YIPPY!!  I guess my body gained more water then I thought towards the end of pregnancy.  

Yucky picture- but have to start somewhere

1 comment: