Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goals

I can't believe that I have less than ten days to go until Baby Woos arrives.  Although I am super nervous I am also very excited to enter this new chapter of our lives.  I know that I will have my hands full learning how to be a mommy and take care of our baby boy but I also still have a few goals just for myself.

Run a Half-Marathon in January.

January sounds like a long ways away but when training for your first half-marathon 6 months really isn't that long; especially since I haven't run in such a long time because of Baby Woos.  Running was one of the first exercises to go for me because anytime I ran I cramped in strange places and it just wasn't worth it.  I had completed a 5K race in December but then two months later in February I really couldn't run anymore.  I was able to run on the elliptical some and that didn't bother me but forget running outside.  Even during bootcamp when we had running exercises I usually ran the first time and then had to switch to a different exercise (and this distance was probably about 200 meters or so).

Charleston Marathon

I plan to start boot camp 6 weeks after Baby Woos and then my running training for the half-marathon will start the first week of October... so I can train for 16 weeks.  The official date for the half is January 18, 2014. My friend Kindal is also running this half marathon and although she is in a completely different running class then me I know she will hold me accountable for my training runs.  


Back to Clean Eating

These last few weeks have been very bad for me diet wise.  It feels like since I know Baby Woos is going to make his appearance soon I need to eat everything in sight because once he is born I am going back to eating clean and healthy.  It's like if you plan to start your diet on Monday you tend to have a BIG cheat day on Sunday.  Since it is summer time and there are farmer's markets open everywhere fresh vegetables are so easy to come by.  Goodbye chips and cookies- hello more fruit and veggies :)


(this is a fruit display I made for Donnie's birthday last year)

Get Back to Pre-Pregnancy Shape

Training for the half-marathon will help me get back into shape but I want to make sure I keep up with my strength training because I can already tell that my arms and legs have lost their definition these past couple months.  I will listen to body and slowly get back into shape but I know its going to be hard. The first few classes are going to kick my butt and it is going to be like starting from square one.  I am really curious how long it will take me to do a sit-up since sit-ups were the very first exercise that went.  

This picture was taken in October 2012.  I was probably in the best shape of my life and then I found out I was pregnant with Baby Woos so my training slowed down.


Of course my number one priority is going to be Baby Woos but even new mommies need to focus on themselves as well.  



1 comment: