Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nursery is Complete!!

I am happy to say that the nursery is complete!!  Today we received our chair in the mail and that was the last item we "needed" in order to be as ready as ready is for Baby Woos.

BEFORE PICTURE  (of the nursery):  
This room actually used to be our guest room with green walls and if you want to see more you can go here:  beginning of nursery


I also did an updated post of the nursery here: nursery update  But I am so excited to show you the completed nursery with all of its bells and whistles  :)

AFTER PICTURES:



I really am excited with the final look. I don't think it is too busy and its not too plain.  Below are pictures of our crib complete with a mobile and a sound machine with ocean noises and fish that move.  The baby monitor is set up and working which is another huge plus.  The starfish bag is filled with disposable diapers when we need to use them.  





Here are a few pictures of our changing area.  Complete with hamper, diaper genie, and plenty of burp cloths, blankets, wipes, towels, and G-Diapers.  I can't tell you how excited I am to use G-Diapers.  I hope they work great with Baby Woos.  


 Here is the hamper and the diaper genie for disposables, disposable inserts and wipes.  The hamper has a liner in it that can be washed plus a wet bag for the dirty cloth diapers.  I think you can tell how excited I am for changing diapers- haha.


Below are a few pictures of our new chair.  We received the chair in the mail today and I am sooo happy with our purchase.  After sitting in multiple gliders with ottomans I decided against the traditional nursery chair and purchased this chair off of overstock.com.  It was a great price, is SUPER comfortable, and reclines to the perfect angles.  

This wall above is the one wall in the nursery with nothing on it... for now I like it this way.  I may add a couple floating white shelves or some pictures of Baby Woos once he is born but I am happy leaving this plain for now.




and this is the chair when it reclines...
Next to our chair I have a basket of toys for Baby Woos and my Boppy Pillow to help when I breast feed.  I am sure my breast pump will be placed along side the chair as well once I start using it. Above the chair I have these hanging balls and I added the green from my Baby Shower up North.  


Here is a close up picture of Baby Woos' dresser.  The basket on top is filled with books to read.  The green item on the dresser is another sound escape.. with sounds of nature, white noise, etc to help Baby Woos fall asleep. And Believe it or not all four drawers are filled with clothes for Baby Woos sorted by sizes. 



This is the remaining wall in the nursery that I have hung up the frames that we received at our Southern Baby Shower.  The one picture of Donnie as a "baby lifting weights" will most likely be replaced with a picture of Dylan but I wanted to put these three frames up on the wall.  And below Dylan has his monkey night light.

Now that the nursery is complete I am super excited.  Although Baby Woos will not be sleeping in his crib for the first few weeks I will be using the nursery for changing him and for feeding him.  Baby Woos will be sleeping next to me in our bedroom.

In the bassinet of the pack-n-play I have put on a sheet and have left a liner in case he wets through his diaper.  I know that there is a cute snuggy bunny in here too but I won't let the bunny be near him when he sleeps :)  And you can see the other baby monitor is set up on my night stand once Baby Woos makes his move to his crib.


Now hopefully Baby Woos will wait until at least July 1st to make his appearance.  Although we are ready for him at home I have one more week of work that is super busy for me and I really hope I make it through next week!


2 comments: