Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Brussels Sprouts

I understand that most people kringe when they here of brussels sprouts but I love fresh brussels sprouts.  I have never had them canned (if they make them that way) and frozen are just okay.  If you haven't tried them since you were a child and were forced to eat one I would definatly give them a chance again.

Last night I was in the mood for Brussels Sprouts but wanted to cook them a little different from normal and WOW they were delicious!!!


So easy to prepare: To prepare the Sprouts you need to chop off the butt of them and then quarter them.  I then added a couple slices of red onion, about a tablespoon of sundried tomatoes, a tablespoon or so of balsamic vinegar, one packet of natural splenda, two cloves of garlic minced, and drizzeled with olive oil.  I covered with foil and baked in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350. 

Final Results:  The flavors blended so well together.  I would highly recommend eatting brussels sprouts this way.  I served with grilled chicken and a small side of tortellini. 

Brussels sprouts are also a very good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid (which is a must during pregnancy), and fiber. 

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! U know we love them. I will try as soon as fresh ones are at farmers market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be at the Farmer's Market this Saturday and am very excited to get really fresh produce.

      Delete