Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Tomato/Zucchini Salad and Belly Update

Summertime Salads:

Salads can be so refreshing during the summer.  I don't think that their is a type of salad that I have found that I really don't like.  I like anything from a seaweed salad to tuna salad to pasta sald and everything in between.  Last night I made a very simple tomato and zucchini salad.

Ingredients:
 -tomato
-zucchini (you could use cucumber but I prefer zucchini's over cucumbers in my salads)
-two slices red onion
-fresh basil- i used both sweet basil and regular basil  (sweet is my favorite)
-1/2 packet nectresse (this is all-natural splenda...you could do without but I like a little sweetness)
-balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olivie oil
-feta (a little cheese makes everything better and adds calcium)

How to: slide up zucchini, tomato, and basil then drizzle with balsamic and oil, 1/2 packet nectresse, and sprinkle with feta



Last night I had this with a baked chicken breast.  The bone-in chicken are much more juicy.  We like to either grill these chicken breast or bake them in the oven.  Last night we baked them- chicken was in marinade all day then put in oven breast side down for 30 minutes at 400 and flip to finsih off breast side up for about 30 minutes.  When flipped I added some montreal chicken seasoning (Donnie's favorite).  You know chicken is ready when skin is starting to get crispy. 



And to finish off the meal I made banana/blueberry muffins that were delicious!  Lately when I buy bananas I haven't been eatting them but when their skin is starting to turn brown they are perfect for muffins or bread so I just HAD to make muffins :)  I also added some pumpkin pie spice for more flavor and these are to die for. 
-------------------------------------------------------

On another note- my belly is now fluctuating between 45.5 and 46.5 inches round.  If Baby Woos sits up front my stomach grows but when he moves back a little he is no longer pushing out and my stomach drops an inch.  For almost a month I was staying steady at 45 inches but Baby Woos is a growing boy.  I can't wait to meet him (in a couple weeks). :)  Although they don't measure you in the hospital round ways I think it is entertaining. 



1 comment: