Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Top 5- Most Annoying & Most Amazing

I think the banner at the top of the page finally caught up to me... it says Baby Woos is the size of a Watermelon!!  Now onto my top 5

Top Five List of the Most Annoying Things during Pregnancy
 (in no particular order):

1. People telling me that I am going to miss Baby Woos kicking me.  Do other people know (especially men) what it feels like to have an alien (or in this case a sweet baby boy) invade your body and kick you when you least expect it?  I will admit the moving around at first was so cute and it was comforting but now the twisting and turning sort-of hurts and it really isn't all that fun when he acts up while I'm in court causing me to hold my stomach and try to calm him down.

2. Random people asking me whether I am having a boy or a girl and what his name is going to be. I don't know you so why do you really care if I am having a boy or a girl.  Plus every time I say his name is going to be Dylan they reply- Oh what a great name or I know a Dylan.  Really?  Do you think I care that your cousin's son is named Dylan.  And secondly- if I said I was going to name our son Barthalamul would you tell me that was a horrible name or continue to say I like that name.  Also if another man tells me that I am waddling more and more these days they may get slapped :)



3. Not being able to bend over.  Now that Baby Woos is pretty much a bowling ball inside me it is so hard to bend down and pick up anything I drop.  It is also pretty much impossible to bend over and make sure my bikini line is in check or to paint my toes.  I heard that a foot massage can induce labor- but is there a point where they will no longer give me a pedicure?

That isn't my real belly but the pillow thing at maternity stores but it is pretty close :)

4. No longer able to SLEEP.  I know that the lack of sleep now is preparing me for the lack of sleep when Baby Woos arrives but wow how I wish that I could sleep through an entire night without waking up.  It is hard enough to roll out of bed (literally) but rolling out of bed 5 times a night to go pee is just down right frustrating.  Plus it takes me another 5 minutes to place the pillows all around me again to try and get comfortable before falling asleep again.

5. Recovery Time.  I know this isn't during pregnancy but I just found out that recovery normally takes up to 6 weeks and I shouldn't start up my boot camp classes again until after 6 weeks.  In my mind I thought I would be able to start the beginning of August.  Again people annoy me and say "you will be too tired to want to exercise" but those people also do not know how irritating and frustrating it has been on me not being able to exercise and do something I love.  I participate in boot camp not only to keep myself in shape but because I really love the class, I love feeling like I have accomplished new goals, and I love pushing my body to its limits.  This past month and a half have been hard on me because I had to give up boot camp and really most exercises (for a good cause) and I just wish that recovery time will be shorter then 6 weeks.



Top Five List of the Most Amazing Things during Pregnancy:
(in no particular order)

1. Being able to eat what I want and not feel guilty about it.  Sure I could have scaled back how many bowls of ice cream I have a week but how many times can you truly get away with adding an extra five pounds without it being noticed.  My clothes are already too tight and I am slowly not fitting into my maternity tops anymore but at this point I really don't care.  As long as I am eating pretty healthy for Baby Woos (which I am) extra indulgences are going to be added to my diet.



2. Decorating the Nursery.  The nursery took a lot of time and patience.  First it was picking out the colors, then theme, then the furniture.  But it didn't end there because I had to figure out the changing area, and his clothes, and where to put his toys.  It might sound like a pain in the ass but I really loved putting together the nursery and making sure that we have all the items ready for Baby Woos.  It has also been a surreal experience trying to figure out bottles, nipples, breast pumps, diapers, etc.  I know we will learn as time passes but it has been very fun picking out what I think will work best for us.

3. Nesting.  Okay now I am not completing convinced that nesting isn't just a woman's way of getting her husband to work on projects around the house while she is pregnant but I will take it.  Since I have been pregnant we have completed a deck in the backyard (which I have wanted for three years), done multiple painting projects, and have basically done all the odds and ends to our house that I have been wanting to do but haven't.

Calli enjoyed helping in projects too.


4. Feeling Great About What I Can Do.  I surprised myself and those around me that I was still participating in boot camp up until I was 7.5 months pregnant.  It was an ego boost during class when the other girls would make comments like "if prego can do it then so can I" or "if she is not modifying an exercise then I guess I can't."  I know this past month and a half hasn't been as easy on me but I still do surprise myself that I am still working, had a Kentucky Derby party, and basically trying to maintain my normal life until Baby Woos arrives.

I wish I was this small now (and here I felt big)


5. Knowing that I am Growing an Amazing Little Baby Boy.  When I think about pregnancy it really is amazing what our bodies can do.  I have been blessed with such an easy pregnancy and no health scares during my pregnancy.  I can't not wait to hear the first cries of Baby Woos and hold him in my arms.  Although his kicking does bother me at times it really is something amazing to feel knowing how active our little man is already.





1 comment:

  1. Love, love, loved this blog. U say it like it is! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete