Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Being Stuck in a Hotel


    Being inside a hotel all weekend long isn't fun.  Although I am learning important information I am stuck in class from 9 til 5:30 and then have dinner banquets to attend.  It seems like all we do is sit and eat, sit and eat, and repeat.  

    On Friday morning I was proud of myself for waking up at 6:15 and hitting the hotel gym.  I ran a 5k on the elliptical in 28:15 and I was pretty happy.  I forgot how much easier it is to run on a machine then it is to run outside.  I also found myself slowing down a little because my heart rate was getting over 160 but that's another story.

    Reasons to run inside:
    1. The machine Allows you to always see your pace that you are running and what your heartbeat is.  I know you can wear a watch that does the same thing to keep your pace on track but I find it easier when it is on the screen ahead of you where you don't have to look down at your wrist.  (plus, I don't have a watch that does this so I may feel differently if I did.)

    2.  The machine gives you an extra push.  On the elliptical I love using the arms too.

    3.  I know that anytime I can get off and stop.  This may sound strange but when I know that I can step off the machine at anytime I tend to run farther.  After the first 20 minutes or so it becomes fun doing sprints while watching your pace, and pushing yourself to limits.  I always like to run to even miles or times so my routine usually always gets extended so I can end on an even number.


    After my run I did some lunges with weights, burpees, pushups, & lower abs.  I wanted to add a few more exercises but the space was small and I really didn't want to do jumping jacks & candlesticks in front of the others in the gym.  The exercises don't look silly in bootcamp but only by myself I decided to pass.  

1 comment:

  1. This post Is a little lacking but I only have my iPad and it's not as easy to write on this. I sooo much prefer a computer when writing things!!

    ReplyDelete