Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby Woos at 16 Weeks





Baby Woos at 16 weeks


So what is going on at 16 weeks?  According to My Pregnancy app on my phone I should get ready for a growth spurt.  In the next few weeks, my baby will double his or her weight and add inches in length.  Right now, my baby is about the size of an avocado: 4.5 inches long (head to rump) and 3.5 ounces.

Our baby's legs are much more developed, his or head is more erect than it has been, and his or her eyes have moved closer to the front of the head.  The baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Whats really cool is that tiny bones are forming in baby's ears so he or she can now pick up on my voice. :)  Taste buds are now forming as well so I hope that Baby Woos continues to like hot and spicy food because mommy loves hot and spicy especially now!
Inside our baby's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to rise.
What is happening with me?  Thanks to increasing blood flow, I should begin to enjoy quick-growing hair and nails, smooth and firm skin, and a healthy glow. :)

I am sad to say that I think this may be one of the last weeks that I can fully button my size 6 jeans.  In this picture my pants are still buttoned but I like wearing my "belly band" to hold things in place and if my pants do become uncomfortable I can unbutton them and put the band to work. 

You may be asking what in the world is a belly band.  Well after talking to my good friend Kristina who has two children she said that this band was her saviour so I took her advise and bought one from Motherhood Maternity.  This is my first piece of maternity clothing, and I don't think I can even actually consider this to be clothing as much as it isan accessory.  I know soon I will have to fight the bullet and go maternity shopping but for now I like my belly band.



The Tummy Sleeve By MotherhoodTHE TUMMY SLEEVE IS PERFECT FOR:

that in-between stage, when your pre-pregnancy pants are just a little too tight and maternity pants are still too big

layering under maternity tops or for extra
coverage while nursing

after baby, as you transition back into your
pre-pregnancy pants



What were your favorite maternity stores and clothing items to buy?


No comments:

Post a Comment