Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Boot Camp


At my 6 week check up on August 19th I was cleared to exercise again!  I was very excited that my body was healing just like they wanted and I was good to go.  But then reality set in and I realized I had to start from the beginning with exercise.  I tried a few lunges at the house and tried to hold a plank but after a couple lunges and 20 seconds of holding a plank I gave up.  I knew that the only way I would really start exercising again was to join boot camp again.  After trying on some pre-pregnancy clothes it gave me the motivation I needed to sign up for my boot camp class.

I really do love going to boot camp but I did not realize how hard it really was going to be.  I am proud to say that on my first day back (this past Monday) I did complete 15 sit-ups during warmup but I had to give it everything I had.  I know that my body went through a lot (especially since I had a csection) and some women can't do a situp for a long time after giving birth but although I was proud of myself I also felt a bit defeated.

Today at class it was even harder because it was very core intensive.  I kept getting frustrated with myself.  Its super hard not to compare myself to how I was before; especially since I was doing all the exercises 7 months pregnant.  It is going to be a long, frustrating road to getting back into shape but I am in it for the long haul because I love the way I feel after I complete a class and I really do love challenging myself through exercise.

To give me extra motivation I have already signed up for a 10K race November 2nd.  This the race that I ran where after the race I knew something just wasn't right and a couple days later I found out I was pregnant.  


I found out during class that my right arm is so much stronger then my left arm right now since I usually carry Baby Woos in my right arm.  Here he is in the moby again and this is my "no-hands" picture :)



1 comment: